Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Invicta 9937 Swiss Automatic Diver

Today I'm wearing my Invicta 9937. You might recall I mentioned this one when I wore my modified 9937. The 9937 was created at least partially at the request of members of the Invicta Forum. Invicta had another Submariner-style watch called the 8926 and many people bought and loved it, but also knew it could be so much better with just a few tweaks. The biggest thing was the Japanese Miyota movement on the 8926: some people wouldn't even consider buying the watch because it didn't have a Swiss movement. So Invicta responded with the 9937 which you can read about here. On later models the "Swiss" was removed from the dial and replaced with "Swiss Mov't" in small text at the bottom of the dial. The reason for this is the specific requirements the Swiss government have for calling a watch "Swiss Made". It is generally agreed that this watch is not "Swiss Made" even though the "Swiss" on the dial seems to indicate otherwise. While it came on a high quality bracelet, I typically wear it on the black leather band in the pics. You can see the original bracelet and nice packaging at the review link. I've seen a number of Invictas that have caught my eye, but the only two I own are 9937s. I could see myself owning other Invictas in the future, but the combination of great looks, high quality and Swiss reliability make the 9937 a very attractive package that was impossible for me to pass up.









No comments: